So this week I decided to really get in the Christmas spirit and show you guys how to make Christmas Bath Bombs. I love making these and if you decorate them nicely then they would make a great Christmas present for someone 😊
Okay so first your going to need:
* Citric Acid (60grams) I bought mine from http://thehomebrewcompany.ie/ with shipping for 500g it was €9.90.
* Baking Soda (115grams)
* corn starch (60grams)
* water (1-2 teaspoons)
* Epsom salts (60grams)
* essential oils (1teaspoon)
* oil (1 1/4 teaspoons) I used coconut oil, but you can use olive, almond etc.
* food colouring of your choices (couple of drops)
* Bowls to mix everything
* And something to mold the bath bombs.
So since these are Christmas bath bombs the essential oils I chose were cinnamon, orange, cedar wood, pine and peppermint, but you can chose any ones that suits you and mix and match.
For food colouring I went with red, green and blue. I found this list to help you with essential oils if you are unsure of what ones to get ☺️ some of these I couldn’t find in Ireland.
1. First, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (corn starch, citric acid, baking soda and Epsom salts).
2. Next mix the wet ingredients together (oil, water) minus the food colouring and essential oil, if your using coconut oil like me then heat it in the microwave to melt it so it mixes with the other ingredients.
After these steps, very gradually mix the wet mixture with the dry while your stirring. If you notice fizzing while you mix, this means you are pouring the liquid to quickly and it’s reacting. This step takes patience.
Once all the liquid is added and mixed. Then separate the liquid into bowls for colouring.
Then while mixing add a few drops of the food colour of your choice. Once you are happy with the colour choose your essential oils and add these to whatever mixture you desire.
Once this is all done take a handful of the mixture and squeeze it, it should stick together and be like damp sand. If it falls apart/crumbles then add some more water very slowly until it reaches the right consistency but you don’t want it too wet.
Once you are happy with the consistency you are ready to mold. You can used whatever you want to mold them. I used a Christmas ornament cut in half.
All you have to do it fill the moulds with whatever colours you want and pack in firmly. With the ball mold you will want to slightly over fill both sides then press together firmly. Tap one side of it and remove gently and repeat on the other side.
Your ball may fall apart if it does you needed more of the mixture in it, so this may take a bit of practice.
Leave them to dry, I leave mine overnight and Voilà you have a beautiful Christmas scented bath bomb for either yourself or you can put them in a cute box and it would make a lovely homemade Christmas gift 😊
I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog post 😌
Shapes & Shadows