Hello Everyone ,
This week I decided to do something a little bit different on the Blog. I know this post won’t be for everyone but I hope some of you either benefit from it, or find it some what funny.
Having a baby is the most amazing thing in the world but, not many will really tell you the truth of what really happens during and after pregnancy. Whilst some lucky mama’s to be are blessed with the ‘glowing skin’, and get no strange weird cravings in the middle of the night. There are some things your friends and family forget to tell you.
I think we only share all the pretty things about being pregnant and having a baby. Here’s is a list of things I would definitely tell my friends or family.
1. Your boobs will be more emotional than you. Yes you heard it , once your milk comes in they will just leak all day long especially if its cold.
2. You will drool more. I constantly wake up with slurp spots on my pillow. Disgusting I know but its true.
3. The breathing exercises your advised to practise at your antenatal classes and you think you’ll never need to practise them, sure you got this!! DO THEM!
4. Babies first kicks is the most amazing feeling in the world. But as they get bigger they sometimes hurt.
5. There is not a single mother on this planet that knows what she’s doing first time around. Every single mother makes it up as she goes along and hopes for the best. We all have to start somewhere. Even if you think, god this girl has it covered she’s definitely panicking deep down.
6. Just another thing on the long list of to do things that never ever ends. Sex will 100% be on the list along with Doing the Clothes , Emptying The Dishwasher, Doing the shopping etc.
7. Heard of Braxton Hicks contractions? Braxton hicks contractions are often infrequent, irregular, and involve only mild cramping. They say they prepare you for the real thing. I’ll let you be the judge of that one.
8.Accidents happen. Whilst in labour you may wee or poop on the bed. This is completely normal.
9.The tea and toast. All hail the tea and toast. Possibly the most amazing meal you will have in all your life.
10.You will most probably still look four-to-five months pregnant after having your baby. Your belly will be jiggly, stretchy and might hang over your bottoms. Your body will need time to recover.
11.You will not sleep a wink the first night you bring your baba home. If you do not have a lamp in your bedroom, get a torch. You will most probably shine a light on your baby about twenty times to check they are breathing.
12.After having a baby your advised to sleep while baby sleeps. You won’t actually do this. You will just lie in your bed staring at your newborn.
13.Your hormones are worse after birth. Prepare for an onset of emotional outbursts of constant crying for nothing.
14.Whether or not the baby is kitted out in pink or blue, people will still get the sex of your baby wrong. The buggy is blue, the blanket is blue and baby is just short of a moustache.
15.You will need 2735372937 sanitary towels. Post-partum bleeding can last anything from two-six-weeks. You need those ones that resemble nappies and Bridget Joners as well.
16.And finally, everyone will have an opinion on how to raise your child. Ignore them. Just do your own thing.
So there you have it 16 things I would definitely tell anyone expecting. The absolute honest truth.
Let me know in the comments if you would add anything to this list.
I hope you found this post either Helpful or Funny in some way.
Until next time.