Hey all ,
So if you’ve been following my last two posts about my laser hair removal or follow me on snapchat – shapesndshadows, you’ll know my treatment has been going really well and I have seen a good 30% reduction after two treatments. You can read all about my first treatment here, and you can read all about my second treatment here.
I decided to do FAQ on laser hair as I had done so much research and had so many questions.
Can everybody have laser hair removal ?
A consultation to check if you’re a laser hair removal candidate is free. I would highly recommend having your consultation. The consultation will determine if the pigment in the hair is going to absorb the energy from the machine. The finer or fairer the hair the more energy that’s needed. Havana Skin clinic uses the light sheer duet machine , which treats all hair types , all hair colours and all skin types. Havana base your consultation on 5 indications and only two of the five indications are needed to proceed with the treatment.
How many session will I need ?
So laser hair removal is a progressively permanent procedure. It’s all based on your hair growth cycle. You have three stages of growth , you can only kill hair on the first stage of growth , the active stage. Which is why an exact figure of how many session can never be said. It’s usually between 6 -20 months depending on the area being treated. If it’s in the second stage of growth , it will only damage the hair and it will grow back. But will grow back much thinner. If in the third stage no energy is admitted to then hair, it will just evaporate as the hair is just about to shed.
Do you have dormant hairs in your body or is there anything that can stimulate growth ?
Yes there is thousands of dormant hair in the body and things the could stimulate the to grow would be
You will never be 100% hair free. Havana will ideally like between 85% – 90% . Then you will come back for maintenance appointments at least once a year.
Whats the benefits of having laser with the Light Sheer Duet ?
The light sheer duet is a diode laser , with vacuum assist. So what does this mean for you as a client.
- The treatment is 75 % faster than any other laser treatment on the market.
- The vacuum assist will also bring the hair follicle closer to the laser, so the intensity of the heat is not as aggressive. This meaning it’s much safer to treat, its more comfortable for us the clients and there’s less irritation.
Pre appointment prep ?
- Have your consultation and your patch test. Where you will fill out a very in-depth consultation form.
- You will also shave the entire area, 24 hours before your treatment.
- No fake tan on the area being treated.
- No sun exposure at least 28 days before your treatment, using the light sheer duet.
- No sun beds throughout the entire treatments.
- Exfoliate at least 5 days before.
- No waxing as waxing pulls the hair out of the hair shaft, which means the laser wont reached the base of the hair shaft and wont kill the hair. It wont cause any harm during treatment , but you wont get results.
From what age can you have laser hair removal ?
Age 18 without parent consent , under the age of 18 there is a lot of hormonal imbalances which can cause hair growth. It is advised waiting untill after the age of 21.
How much maintenance is required ?
It’s recommended that you have two top up treatments done a year, one every 6 months , due to any hormonal changes , dormant hairs , stress , diet , pregnancy and medication.
Can you start your treatment ASAP ?
You cannot have treatment if your pregnant, breastfeeding, on photosensitive medication, have light-sensitive epilepsy, had a sun bed in the last 4/6 weeks , you have to be 4 weeks post sun holiday with the light sheer duet. Other machines may differ. No fake tan 2/3 weeks prior. Diabetes type 2 . Your consultation is very important and vital with Havana Skin Clinic.
I really hope you find this post helpful.
Stay tuned for my next laser hair removal post coming soon.
Until next time,
Disclaimer : This post was not paid nor sponsored.